Jan 10, 2010

shes like the wind.


last night i went to the ocean. lauren just got back home to vancouver from toronto, our old home, our old friends. i want to die. i guess you can say i am missing home. strange. everyday i learn more and more about myself [my well documented search for personal discovery and love] perhaps because wallowing in myself seems to be my business. lauren makes a pretty good business about her self and i guess thats why we are friends. neither one of us is going to give up until we get what we want. obviously we have become besties. so last night we went to the ocean.

earlier me and lauren are looking up our love match if we dated each other on the internet. [also know as: friend dating], who are we in love? we are beyonce [lauren] and jay-z [me]. i love this, there is something in this discovery. lauren [virgin/mother] and me [infant/freedom] were released from the bonds of 'awkward new friend stage' in to the kind of friend ship that created the best pop hip hop song of all time [crazy in love!]. we are now balling, f'r rail. lauren is on the basketball team, i worry a lot about my 'coolness' on the internet, we have now arrived.

we also have to get out of the city, right now. vancouver is 20 minuets away from something amazing any direction, any where in the city. so we go to the beach, 2 girls from ontario want to see the beach, right now. last week i asked to find home, i said the words, i wrote the words and i, for the first time, clicked my heels together and squeezed my eyes shut, there's no place like home, there's no place like home. there's no place like home! running your fingers through the ocean has this strangely calming affect.

we end up at first beach, my other friends call it 'industrial beach' but me and lauren know it is certainly NOT an industrial beach [cherry beach]. we know that the lights from grandville island make the midnight clouds pink and the deep black of the ocean sky is enchanting and the soft lapping of the waves are warm and nice to the touch. they call it 'industrial beach' because it is the only beach [in the city] where you are not surrounded by trees and can still see the structured buildings behind. but this is the beach i have been looking for all my life, i mean this beach is perfect [you know what im saying dan?]. the hippie lights of a pink city lick the clouds that loom over the never ending danger that is the ocean. i have never felt this way. dear vancouver, you put a spell on me because im yours. you dont care if i want you, but i am yours, yours. yours! i am awake and i think i just made it all better. [scared]

Blog Archive